Student Services

Triton College's concept of personal growth is premised on current student development theory and the assumption that responsible students desire to become more complete persons emotionally, intellectually and physically. The Office of Student Services offers an array of student support services that aid in assisting students in their pursuit of social, cultural and professional development.

Dean of Students

The Dean of Students oversees the areas of Office on Violence against Women (OVW),  Title IX, Student Life and Counseling & Wellness Support Services.  In addition, the Dean’s office oversees the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) and handles matters related to student conduct.

Office Location:

Julia Willis
Dean of Students
Room B-240A
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3865

Johnny Urbina
Director of Student Services
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3815

To Top

Triton College Project Success ECMC Emergency Aid Program

This emergency aid program is a grant program designed to assist students experiencing unforeseen financial obstacles that may hinder their academic persistence and completion.

Emergency Aid Program

Triton College is happy to announce our participation in the Project Success ECMC Emergency Aid Program. The ECMC Emergency Aid Program is designed to support students’ persistence toward certificate and/or degree completion by removing unforeseen financial obstacles from their path, which if not resolved quickly, could cause students to abandon their plans for higher education. Full and part-time students, including dual enrollment students, are eligible for a total of $500 of financial help over the life of the entire program.  Students are eligible for financial assistance to pay for unforeseen costs including, but not limited to, utilities, housing/rent, food, medical/dental, transportation, childcare, etc. 

Program constraints do not allow funds to be used for school expenses such as tuition, books, supplies, required tools/equipment or fines.  Funds cannot pay off prior balances owed to the College.  Monies cannot be paid directly to the student.  The funds are paid to the third party involved (e.g., dentist office for emergency tooth extraction) or via a gift card (e.g., food from Jewel-Osco). 

Students experiencing unforeseen financial difficulties can apply for financial help by completed the following steps:

Contact Johnny Urbina, Director of Student Services, to set up an appointment to begin the application process.  His contact information is as follows:

Johnny Urbina
2000 Fifth Ave./River Grove, IL 60171
Room B 240-B
708-456-0300 Ext. 3815

Once you meet with Johnny Urbina to determine eligibility, he will send you the link to apply for the emergency aid program.

In addition to a completed online application, students must also upload documentation supporting their need for financial assistance (e.g., quote from dentist office).  Incomplete applications cannot be considered.

Once a student meets with Johnny Urbina and completes the online application, the student will be notified within two business days of whether or not their emergency aid request application has been approved.

The monies will be distributed within two business days of application approval.  In other words, the entire process of applying for, gaining approval, and fund distribution will take no longer than 4 business days.  This time frame is based on the student completing steps 1 and 2 identified above.

Please contact Johnny Urbina, Director of Student Services, if you have any further questions.

Eligible criteria:

  • Be enrolled part-time or full-time in a certificate or associate degree program at the time of the aid request.
  • Have a GPA of 2.0 or greater at the time of application approval. New students are exempt from this criterion.
  • Complete the online application provided by ECMC and upload supporting documentation of the financial need (i.e., required uninsured medical treatment, automotive repair estimate, a documented notice of unexpected change in housing or utilities expense).
  • After being awarded, complete the required financial education courses through Decision Partners online platform.
  • Benefit from having an expense paid with emergency aid through this program, not to exceed $500 during the life of the aid program.
  • Be enrolled during the semester in which emergency aid funds are awarded.
  • Be entitled to use of the emergency aid funds with no expectation of repayment.
  • The emergency is due to an unforeseen circumstance.

To Top

Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)

Triton College is committed to providing a supportive, safe, and welcoming college environment.  The Behavior Intervention Team (BIT) is the primary resource for proactively addressing student behavioral concerns that may result in risk of harm to self or others, or behaviors that significantly disrupt the learning environment. The Dean of Student Services, serves as chair of the Behavioral Intervention Team.

Campus Safety & Behavioral Intervention

To Top

How to File a Complaint

The College offers a variety of avenues for formal complaint procedures, depending on the nature of your concern or complaint.

If you have an immediate concern for safety, contact the Triton College Police Department at (708) 456-6911

If you are concerned regarding a community member’s behavior, you can report a concern online and it will be routed to the appropriate college staff for review. This is where you can also report concerns about other students, including disruptive behavior or violations of College rules. Examples of the kinds of things you should report to the College including:

  • Others' behavior that hinders you from going to class or studying
  • Theft or vandalism
  • Harassment, stalking, fighting
  • Alcohol or drug use
  • Weapons or threats

Even if you are not sure whether or not you should report something, you are encouraged to err on the side of caution. The College has trained professional staff who can evaluate these reports and take appropriate action.

If you have been a victim of sexual or gender-based misconduct by any person, please review the College's Harassment, Discrimination, and Sexual Misconduct (Title IX) information, where you can also file a report about sexual harassment/misconduct. Our first concern is for your safety and well-being, but we also encourage you to file a formal complaint with the campus and/or police depending on what outcomes you are seeking.

If the complaint pertains to a faculty or staff member's decision, you can follow the Student Complaint Process (if it pertains to an academic issue) outlined on page 60 of the Student Handbook. Be advised that this process require that you first have a conversation with the faculty or staff member with whom you have a concern in a timely manner. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you can provide your written complaint and the resolution that you seek to the Chair, Coordinator, or Director of the department. You may also request a meeting with that individual. If you are not satisfied with that response, you can continue the complaint process in writing to the Dean for that area.

If you have exhausted the campus complaint options and you still have a complaint, you can file a complaint with the Illinois Board of Higher Education.

To Top

Student Handbook

Triton's Student Handbook is an all in one guide for campus information. This helpful book will serve as your tour guide through Triton's programs, services, departments and so much more on campus.

This book includes the following:

  • Alphabetic listing of campus information
  • Emergency Response Guide
  • Board Policies and Procedures
  • Triton College Student Association Bylaws and Constitution
  • Additional student based information

To Top

Student Conduct Forms and Documents

Student Conduct Forms and Documents:

To Top